Old November 29th 03, 06:17 AM
Chris

Larry can you explain what is incorrect with BTIZ statement becasue I really
need to know if an instument rating is required or not to be a CFI the regs
were not exactly clear to me in this area.

Thanks
Chris

On 2003-11-28 20:29:58 -0800, "Chris" said:

Thanks for your response BTIZ that clarfies things alot!

"BTIZ" wrote in message
as I understand it.. a CFI without an Instrument rating on his

Commercial
certificate will not be able to teach cross country or at night.

Commercial privileges are limited to 50nm and day time only if you

don't
have a IFR rating.

Your "basic" student working towards the private is a "paying

passenger"
in
a commercial operation.

Just don't take that as gospel truth. He's incorrect on both counts.