Old July 5th 03, 11:02 PM
Jonathan Birge

"John Aldrich" wrote in message
In article , Ron
Natalie wrote:

"CurlyNJudd" wrote in message

I am not awake enough this morning to dissect and comment on your

stats, but
your latter comments are extremely relevant. A good pilot is safer

than a
bad driver, and I have to think that there are more genuinely bad
drivers/1000 than there are bad pilots/1000.

The problem with this argument is that everybody thinks they are a good

driver/pilot.

I think hours flown to accidents/incidents is as good an indicator as
any.

2000+hours, no accidents, no incidents.

Congratulations. That proves nothing, not even that you're a good pilot.
You've just got an N=1 statistical study going on that allows you to make
the assertion that, with very little certaintly, flying an airplane involves
less than 1 fatality per 2000 hours. Wait until you get about 50,000 hours
before bragging that you're an above average pilot based on your own
experience.