Old September 6th 04, 07:21 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:56:16 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

How about using some polyurethane caulk to use as glue, instead of nailing
it down. A couple of nail straps for the ends to take the strain, then a
few blobs along the way. It is supposed to stay flexible, and is strong as
snot.

Access is the problem, not the physical means of attachment. I have to
work through a standard 3 1/2" inspection hole, accessing an area ~24" away
along the same piece of fabric. Imagine wiring your instrument panel by
working through a single instrument hole...that's the kind of access we're
talking about.

Too bad mama's little boy went off to school to be an engineer, and not a
proctologist. :-)

I want to assure folks that I'm not saying it's impossible. I'll find a
way to secure it if I go with the copper-tape in the tailcone, if that
turns out to be the best solution. I'm just exploring the options...one of
which is to pull the Escort and replace it with a modern single-antenna
comm radio. Or add some velcro for a handheld....

Ron Wanttaja