Old August 13th 03, 07:21 PM
Ron Natalie

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message news
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:08:55 GMT, "C.D. Damron"
wrote in Message-Id:
Hgu_a.94174$cF.28808@rwcrnsc53:

There is some legal ambiguity, as the FAA has been given regulatory
authority in certain areas where they have not asserted their original legal
mandate.

Can you elaborate on your statement above?

While the information you provided regarding the military not being
required to adhere to FAA FARs seems consistent with my experience,
USAF military pilots engaged in peacetime operations are apparently
required to comply with: AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 11-202

Which is exactly what I said. The FAR's do not by themselves apply
to the military, the military mandates their own compliance with them.