Old March 25th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Lou

Default Cost of ownership????

On Mar 25, 6:56 am, Mike Spera wrote:
The worst thing you can do as a owner is to let the maintenance cost
eat up all your gas money, and you ended up keeping a hangar queen for
the next owner, one with a rusty engine no less. There's nothing
sadder than that.

A far worse injustice is leveled on many airplanes. Namely, the owner
cannot really afford the plane so they choose to buy gas to fly around
and then skimp on the maintenance. He/she then demands a ridiculous
selling price for their run out dog when the HAVE to sell.

In either case, if you have to ask, you likely cannot afford it.

Good luck,
Mike

I've allways loved to hear that line. It makes me think of all the
people who buy a house and end up
in bankruptcy. I suppose these are the same people who didn't ask
either. Unless you have milions comming
out your ass, what kind of person wouldn't find out ahead of time what
the entire cost of somthing is ahead of
time? After all, who is dumb enough believe that they are just going
to make the payments without getting the maitenance cost? Oh thats
right, the person who didn't ask. It seems to me, if you have to ask,
your smart enough
to own it, not dumb enough to buy it and not be able to take care of
it. Plane or otherwise.
Lou