Old July 21st 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Orphaned Engine

"erik" wrote

Nice article as per usual.

How about something more on the Type 4? Most info on this engine seems
to be " That is what the VW engine should have been" or " yeah, the
type 4, now that`s a different story" etc. I am sure I am not the only
one with an interest in the "bigger" veedub, and an in-depth
discussion on what can be done with it and to it, written by an
expert like yourself, would be hugely appreciated. It is heavier than
the T1, less available, and parts are more expensive, but it is still
a flat-4 aircooled VW, ain`t it?

--- new post starts he ----

As far as that goes, how about a small blurb on the type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and
how many other types there are? g

About the time I think I am understanding VW's, someone brings up "type 1,
only," and my eyes start to glaze over. ;-) Like just basic, like what
years, cars they were used in, and the main differences between them.

I had a 72 convertible bug for a while, and don't even know what type it
had!

I wish they had made a 6 cylinder bug engine, with decent heads. That would
be a much better aero engine, me thinks. I'm afraid that 40 HP is not going
to ever be enough for what I want to build.
--
Jim in NC