Old June 23rd 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

Though I have a ClearNav II in my Stemme, I also have a Dell Streak 5
running XCSoar on the right side of the cockpit. I find that each
platform delivers information that the other does not or delivers
similar information in a more understandable way. Even when I fly solo,
I run the Streak for the added information. Note that I have the
terrain display turned off as it makes for a much clearer display, not
to mention that I have a high definition canopy displaying the terrain.

On 6/23/2017 1:20 PM, Mike C wrote:
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:03:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect.

Options seem to range from other mobile phones all the way up to the OpenVario project (at least for XCSoar). What works for you?

Chip Bearden
"JB"

The 7" Streak works well - if you can find one. About the same brightness as the 5", but easier to read due to the size. I usually use the smaller Streak. These days I think color really is not much of an advantage. The real info is in the info boxes.

Mike

--
Dan, 5J