Old January 6th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Switching Batteries Advice?

I have two master switches, each to its own battery.
Turn on batt 2, turn off batt 1. No problems connecting
them togetther briefly. I can also charge them either
together or one at a time, depending on which masters
are on. Charging independently is best, but a trickle
charge on both doesn't hurt anything.

I know some guys just hook up half their instruments
to each battery. No swithing.

At 02:06 06 January 2006, Hl Falbaum wrote:
I, too, use this system. Turn one on, then turn the
other off. No problems
in 6 years so far! I use a panel mounted digital display
voltmeter, and
switch when it reads 12.0 v or is decreasing faster
than it had been
decreasing. The batteries have 5 A fuses on them. Almost
always I get by on
one battery--running a lot of electrics.

--
Hartley Falbaum
ASW27B 'KF' USA

'Brian' wrote in message
roups.com...
Also just two on/off switches working pretty well
as also. Then you can
decide if you want to 'Make before break' or not.
Althought the two
batteries will probably be connected for a longer
time. as you switch.