Old September 21st 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Default Where to go in Seattle?

wrote:
I suppose you know then that Roche Harbor, Friday Harbor, and Eastsound
are all within walking distance of the local town/harbor...

Mount St. Helens and Mount Rainier are fun to fly around. Also, if
you like the beach, fly to Ocean Shores (W04) and land at the airport
there. There is a public bus that can take you into town and to the
beach that stops at the airport.

I flew into 0S9 (Jefferson County) on occasion, but I don't remember if
there was anything within walking distance.

Dean

I flew to Friday Harbor before but it was just a small little town with
some shopping place and restaurant. I wonder if I land in Friday
Harbor, how far is it to go somewhere for kayaking? Is it cold by late
Sep there?

I have never been to Ocean Shores. What else is there beside the beach?

Nothing.