Old July 7th 03, 06:01 AM
Charles Talleyrand

Default New Prop on my Mooney Ovation

I have read that the main difference between the Ovation and the Ovation II is the better prop on the second airplane. Can one
install the new prop on the old model. It's the same airplane and the same engine between both the Ovation and Ovation II, so the
only worries are legal ones.

Finally, I have read that the Ovation engine is flat-rated by limiting the RPM to 2,500. Can one change the pitch on the prop to
get higher performance and how would one make this paperwork work?

-Thanks

P.S. Nope, I don't actually own a Mooney. I'm just dreaming.