Old October 7th 05, 09:56 PM
Maule Driver

I guess it would.

FWIW, In my 180HP fixed pitch MX7180a I flight plan 10gph (conservative,
I can do anything with that assumption). I get 9 GPH with 1 hour or
greater leg and 1 TO and 1 Landing. I can get 8.1 by aggressive
leaning, flying over 7000feet on a 4 hour+ leg. All assume 2500rpm.

I guess with the CAP setup, a chief pilot will have to put together a
performance sheet for use by the group. Of course the liability for the
figures would lie with .....

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I guess as a Maule driver you haven't missed it but as a CAP pilot who
seems the Maule as one of a number of planes on the ramp, it would be
good to know how speed/fuel burn to expect when you hop in.

-Robert