Old August 22nd 03, 01:57 AM
Jay Honeck

ANR is the greatest thing since GPS, IMO. Remember how we used to see
a lot of posts saying ANR sets weren't worth it - or that they were
actually inferior to passive sets? Are there still holdouts?

Agree 100%. ANR has surely changed our flight experience as much as GPS.

I clearly remember coming home from long cross country flights, and
literally going straight to bed. I was thoroughly exhausted, and just
needed to lay down and close my eyes.

Part of that was the stress of being a student pilot -- but I know now that
a lot of it was due to the incredible racket inside the cockpit of a small
plane. I had a pair of headphones that had LITERALLY cost me seven dollars
(my CFI had dug it out of the trash, and repaired it), and the ambient noise
on each flight was just killing me.

Nowadays we knock off 4 hour legs without batting an eye, and then spend all
day touring our destination, completely fresh and ready to go. Part of that
is due to experience, but a major part is due to the wonders of ANR
headphones. They are truly a miracle of the modern era.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA