Old April 29th 20, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Finding German Spec Rivet replacement

OK, you guys..........a Clovis pin looks just like the hollow rivet, but it’s solid and has a hole in one end where a carter pin and at least one washer is used to secure the device in place. Aircraft Mechanics know all about these things! While we’re here........I remember a UK Airworthiness Directive that read “ With a torch in one hand and a spanner in the other hand, remove the xxxx”
Took me a week to figure out a “torch” was a flashlight and a “spanner” was a Crescent Wrench!!!
JJ.