Old March 7th 21, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

Mark Mocho wrote on 3/7/2021 6:38 AM:

Next up: How to make an ASG-29 perform like a paraglider.

I have dreams like that. It makes the off-field landings so much easier, way better than the
already very good high-deflection landing flaps. I envy birds for their STOL skills, and wish
our gliders could emulate them. The closest we've come might be the 90 degree flaps like Dick
Schreder used, or the BRS parachutes.