Old July 25th 03, 03:30 PM
Barnyard BOb --

On 25 Jul 2003 06:51:08 -0700, (Brock) wrote:

I feel there is a real advantage to the use of slats and flaps in
order to have things happen slowly during landing and yet still have a
good cruise speed. Of course the problem is in the complexity and the
extra weight. For rails I was thinking about something like standard
kitchen drawer rails or perhaps a tube within a tube design. I
wouldn't think their would be a lot of force on the slat at low
takeoff speeds so the structure wouldn't have to be bullet proof,
their would probably be a lot more force on the flaps though. I
haven't been able to find information if the necessary airplane
hardware is available commercially, perhaps it would have to be custom
made. Any ideas on how to go about building something like this?

Brock

My FEELING is....
You can't safely get there from here.

Given the nature and level of your question....
perhaps you should look at aircraft designs
that you could copy or adapt to whatever
you have in mind.

Other than that, a degree in aero engineering might helpful
to bring you back to reality before someone is harmed.

Barnyard BOb -- stranger than fiction