Old September 21st 05, 12:17 AM
Matt Barrow

"Kobra" wrote in message
Flyers,

The story goes on though. As he was taking the engine off he found one
other interesting item. One of the through-bolt nuts on the bottom of
cylinder number 3 was sheared off completely flush the cylinder base.
That's when the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I have to think

that
all this was related as the nut was still laying in the bottom of the
engine. This was recent!

Next I had a recollection of starting the engine before my flight to WWD

and
I remember that I heard a "snap!" just as the engine caught. It was loud
enough to make me say, "...what the %$#@ was that?!" and just soft enough
for me to dismiss it and ponder, "...did you really hear what you think

you
heard?"

I'm not that knowledgeable about the internal details of the engines, so
could you explain how that bolt could get sheared off?

Any speculations would be understood as being such.

--
Matt