Old January 17th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Planes drone out MLK celebration

On 16 Jan 2006 11:50:30 -0800, "daffy"
wrote in . com::

Today's annual Martin Luther King celebration in Newark, California
was disrupted today by small planes. In a reenactment of the "I have
a dream" speach, the crowd could't hear anything but plane drone.

Please provide more information about that which you allege. How many
aircraft were overhead at one time? How close is the nearest airport
to the location of that celebration?

Now if the site chosen for the MLK Jr. celebration was located in the
departure/arrival paths of Compton or Fullerton airports, there is
some culpability on the part of the celebration planners if they
expected absolute quiet. The airspace overlying portions of Norwalk
requires an ATC clearance to operate above 2,500' as a necessity to
accommodate airline traffic at LAX. That may also be a factor in the
low altitude of aircraft operating below the Class B floor over
Norwalk.

In my experience, the noise generated by low-flying aircraft only
affects hearing a conversation directly under it, and that only lasts
for 20 seconds. So please provide more information about the number,
height and frequency of the aircraft you allege disrupted the
ceremonies.