Old November 23rd 04, 08:27 PM
Dave S

Why AUS.. if location is not 100% critical, then you can land at New
Braunsfels (uncontrolled) and spend the night in a scenic tourist town.
They have fuel and cars, and if you plan ahead can get reservations to
someplace nice to sleep. The airport is close in and accessible.

Austin's GA portion is off the beaten path and from what I hear,
expensive. I've never flown there, but when on the ground up there I
have driven around to see the GA areas.

San Antonio Stinson or San Antonio International (I've done Raytheon at
SAT twice before) are good options too, and not much further out of the
way from a X-C perspective.

Dave

ROBIN FLY wrote:

I am planning a flight from Los Angeles to New Orleans for some much needed R&R
during holidays. My wife does not like to fly more than two 4-hour legs a day,
so my plan is to fly from EMT to ELP for fuel & lunch than to AUS overnight.
Next morning we continue to NEW. For return trip, we will stop at AUS for fuel
& lunch and ELP overnight. However, both AUS & ELP are big airports that I
have never been to. Are they GA friendly? Can you recommend some GA friendly
airports in their areas for overnight stop? Thanks.