Old February 13th 04, 03:09 PM
Andrew Gideon

Peter R. wrote:

Andrew Gideon ) wrote:

I'm hoping, though, to find places where I can be IFR *and* not have to
land.

Most times when I want to practice some approaches, I will file IFR
"round-
robin," with my home airport as the departing and arriving airport, and a
VOR near the intended class C or D airport as the route. I also include
"multiple approach practice at Kxxx" in the comments.

Hmm. I do put "multiple approaches" in the remarks, but I've always used
two separate flight plans. Your idea is a new one to me.

Again, Binghamton (KBGM) and Elmira (KELM) are two class D airport a
little to your north that have their own approach facilities (TRSA) and
are very accommodating.

Thanks.

- Andrew