Old October 21st 03, 03:35 PM
M.E. Borner

For an hour 45 minute flight it is worth it. I have certainly been to
better aviation museums but there is no such thing as a bad aviation
museum. Besides I would rather fly 1:45 and see a museum than eat a
hamburger.

I visited 2 years ago during a stopover on a flight from NY to New
Mexico. We visited several aviation museums along the way (Liberal, KS
has a good one). It seems the only way I can get my wife to visit an
air museum is to take her on such a long flight that she needs a stop
to break the flight up. An air museum is acceptable to her, only for
that purpose. I'll take it anyway it comes.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:Ya1lb.832437$Ho3.239055@sccrnsc03...
Thinking about a day trip from Iowa City to this museum in Topeka, KS, on
Wednesday. Destination Direct says we'll be there in 1:44.

Anyone been there? Is it worth the trip?

Thanks!