Old September 11th 04, 12:45 PM
Deckard

You want to see optimistic check this engine out.

http://www.lhaviation.com/masschi/en/index.htm

105 hp a 3300 rpm and running weight of 101 lbs.
Engine in fully equipped and in running order, including electric starter,
generator, carburetor, exhausts, oil pump, radiators, oil and cooling fluid.

Jerry

"Neal Fulco" wrote in message
om...
Since all of our powered homebuilts need.....well...power, I'm always
on the lookout for the latest and greatest in engines as well as the
designs that they power. Awhile back I came across a couple of new
engines that may deserve watching. Keep in mind that, as far as I
know, these engines are still in development and haven't flow yet.

The developers of the Masquito helicopter wanted to power their
craft with a Jabiru engine, but felt the engine needed work. They
then developed an engine that they felt would work. Their
engine/story is at www.masquito.be.

After not seeing any updates on their website for quite awhile, I
e-mailed them and got a response from a fellow saying that their
helicopter project went basically "belly-up" but that they still
wanted to develop the engine. He said a couple of the engine
developers decided to abandon the project and start another venture.
This venture is a fixed wing aircraft and an engine for it and their
new website is www.lhaviation.com.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from the Masquito group with an update
on their engine. Their new website is www.ulpower.com. The fellow
from Masquito mentioned that the guys that originally worked on their
engine and eventually started lhaviation were quite optimistic on
their performance and weight claims, so keep this in mind when you
visit the lhaviation site.

Neal