Old March 12th 04, 05:42 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Mark James Boyd wrote:
I suggest that if one spends enough time in the safe regime, the
rare events happen extremely rarely, but when they do, they
are more unexpected, more mentally jarring, and more potentially
devastating. The mental disbelief of an experienced pilot can be
more profound and more crippling than for a novice. I myself
have had a delayed reaction to a recovery because of disbelief
and had to go back to training from many years past to recover.
And I've seen this while flying with other experienced pilots...

I found how to avoid that: become instructor, so you have to
routinely demonstrate the proper reaction :-)