Old March 12th 04, 08:48 PM
ADP

My response to this is, "don't do that". Do not be distracted from your
primary goal of getting on the ground safely.
Kill the cow, screw the crops, go between the trees, the hell with the
pattern ---- do not stall and you will walk away.

Allan

"Brian Case" wrote in message
om...
snip
I can not, for the life of me, understand how a pilot gets into
an inadvertant spin close to the ground. I have seen it and read
about it, but I don't understand it.

snip

To become that pilot try a downwind turn at about 200 feet while
landing in a feild that has livestock/fences or other distractions.

The point is nearly every pilot that inadvertantly spun it in close to
the ground was not thinking I am about to spin. Instead they were
thinking things more like:

Am I going to make past that fence?
Am I going to clear those trees?
Will I get stopped before the end of the field?
Is that cow going to dart in front of me?
How am I going to get the glider out of the field?
How am I going to contact my crew?
Where is that other glider?
Did I put my beer in the cooler?