Old November 10th 04, 05:45 PM
Jacek Kobiesa

"Janusz Kesik" wrote in message ...
Użytkownik "Mike Hessington"
napisał w wiadomości ...
You can't fly your friends in a PW6. They will be
to busy laughing at you.

But You may leave them behind with an SZD-55 (and still with 4500Euro in
pocket to buy them an evening beer which will improve their mood). :P

There is several problems with the SZD 55; the manufacturer has very
poor web site and the information contained on those couple of pages
is very limited, it lacks photo gallery for each of its products.
People like to see what they intend to buy. Next, the SZD rep is
located in Toronto, Canada....well, if the factory has any intention
of selling the SZD gliders here in the U.S.A. they need to have a rep
on the West Coast or Southern U.S. Do you really think that average
people in this country know anything about the SZD? I seriously doubt
it. Most of people who buy gliders buy them from friends, club
members, etc. So, the representation of the SZD gliders is almost non
existing in the Western and Southern U.S. Is the comparison between
LS4 and SZD 55 a valid one? I don't think so. LS4 is very docile...can
this be said about the 55? Would you like to compare a stall in LS4
and SZD55? How about SZD 55 being flown by low time pilot?!!!
Especially flying downwind to base or base to final?!!! SZD 55 is for
sure an excellent sailplane but for more seasoned pilots.
Now, if it comes to quality of Polish built gliders: THEY CAN BUILT
THEM AS NICE AS THE GERMAN MANUFACTURERS CAN. End of story. Some of
the German gliders are built in Czech Republic and Slovenia; that
means outside of Germany.
But most the people have legitimate concerns: price of the
gliders...and now the Euro and Dollar exchange. I want to buy a new
glider but simply put...I will delay my purchase until the dollar will
have more favorable exchange rate. Also, most the european
manufacturers will see a big impact, affecting their production,
because individuals in the U.S.A. were buying more new gliders then
any other countries. So, the European manufacturers can adjust their
prices for the U.S. market or...massive layoffs? to many built gliders
and no buyers? Well, time will show...