Old June 9th 05, 12:10 AM
Tim.Ward

Perhaps I should have provided a little more information about what I
know, and what I want.
I have read the Sparrowhawk web site. From what I see the sailplane
looks good. Easy to assemble, cores thermals well, good climb
performance. Nice performance all around, about the same as a Ka 6E or
Libelle 201. One thing still has me wondering. Flying in windy
conditions, especially in the landing phase. With a low gross weight
(half the above ships) won't you get blown around like a leaf ? Is
there enough penetration to be an effective cross country plane in the
hands of an average pilot.

Now what I want...... Fun to fly !!! Easy to assemble / disassemble
(hate having to ask two or three folks for help). Easy to repair. Easy
to get parts / upgrades. The annual is not an issue, nor is
registartion or licensing. Low maintenance finish. And last good resale
value ( same as good performance).

Well, while the weight is low, the wing is small, so the wing loading
is probably similar to a 1-26.

As to resale price, that's a tougher one, because I have not seen one
offered on the used market. I find that interesting, because I seem to
remember that nearly as soon as the Russias and PW5s became available
new, they became available used.

Tim Ward