Old September 29th 11, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default More on Delorme InReach Satellite Tracker

On Sep 29, 6:33*am, Frank Paynter wrote:
The Delorme InReach Satellite Tracker is now available for pre-order
on their website. *Unfortunately, they apparently decided that the
minimum update interval would be 10 minutes, the same as the SPOT
tracker many of us use now. *It is also MUCH more expensive for
initial purchase, and (I think) MUCH more expensive on an annual
basis.

The original tech specs for this unit showed a 2 minute interval, and
many of us in the soaring community voiced our objections to the
change to 10 minutes - bummer.

TA

Thanks for the update. Will it report altitude? From the press
release, it does not sound much more expensive than Spot ($250)
http://www.delorme.com/about/pressreleases/inreach.htm

Ramy