Old April 28th 05, 05:04 PM
private

Default Human factors RECKLESSNESS

My apologies to the Usenet police cross posting but

I am in mourning for friends lost, and in sympathy for the families they
left alone.

This week we have seen behavior that can only be described as reckless.

A man posts video of a poorly performed roll in a non aerobatic aircraft
without regard for ...............to say nothing about his instructor
PARTICIPATING. Two survivors and a questionable aircraft

CFIT A multiple champion pilot losses control while reaching for a $100 side
bet.

One fatal.

911?, fuel exhaustion, over water, without flotation, at night. One
(probable) fatal.

I am tempted to ask why? where are we failing? are we glorifying
recklessness? Are we truly self destructive (cigarettes, food, alcohol,
pollution etc)? what can we do? but

I know that we must each find the answers within ourselves and to strive for
the personal situational control to handle these situations and temptations.
Training helps, as do mentors. (Thank you Dudley, Gene etal)

I am sick of hearing "he died doing something he loved". It just sounds
trite.

They are always way too young.

My condolences and sympathy to all mourning family and friends.