Old April 28th 05, 06:30 PM
NW_PILOT

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
k.net...

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"private" wrote in message
news:hQ7ce.1148571$8l.556991@pd7tw1no...
My apologies to the Usenet police cross posting but

I am in mourning for friends lost, and in sympathy for the families

they
left alone.

This week we have seen behavior that can only be described as reckless.

A man posts video of a poorly performed roll in a non aerobatic

aircraft
without regard for ...............to say nothing about his instructor
PARTICIPATING. Two survivors and a questionable aircraft

CFIT A multiple champion pilot losses control while reaching for a $100

side
bet.

One fatal.

911?, fuel exhaustion, over water, without flotation, at night. One
(probable) fatal.

I am tempted to ask why? where are we failing? are we glorifying
recklessness? Are we truly self destructive (cigarettes, food, alcohol,
pollution etc)? what can we do? but

I know that we must each find the answers within ourselves and to

strive
for
the personal situational control to handle these situations and

temptations.
Training helps, as do mentors. (Thank you Dudley, Gene etal)

I am sick of hearing "he died doing something he loved". It just

sounds
trite.

They are always way too young.

My condolences and sympathy to all mourning family and friends.

Ok what about the people you don't here about all the fools driving cars
talking on cell phone, driving while under the influence of a mind
altering
substance like Prozac and the many other pansy pills. "Ohh dont for get
about the other drugs people use"

"You know Moving any faster than a walking pace can be potentially

fatal!"

I would not say that we are glorifying recklessness, if it wasn't for
people
you call reckless we would still be living in caves. Most of us that are
in
to flying or other extreme hobbies have a huge respect for life but also
have that need for that adrenalin. I my-self wake up every day and am

very
thankful that I don't have to stick a needle in my arm or suck something
up
my nose to get that rush, I have many many other activity's like flying

get that feeling.

You will Die one day that's a fact of Life!! You cannot hide from it!

You
cannot run from it! So embrace the Life you have been given and enjoy it
with every breath you take because you may never know when it may be

your
last.

Good God......is this REALLY your conception of flying? If it is, it sure
isn't mine or anyone I know and respect!!!!
:-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

No it is my concept of life. Plain in simple lifeis short! You never know
how long you have. So live it like every day is your last.