Old April 28th 05, 06:41 PM
Smutny

Dude, you really need to step back and take a good look at what you're
exhibiting here.

Aerobatic pilots are already often viewed upon as 'daredevils' or
'reckless' from both the non-flying public and many of the
straight-and-level crowd. What we don't need are diatribes like yours
to attempt validation at what we do.

I'm a 'G-junkie' and love aerobatics. I try to go up every sunny day.
And each time I follow the basic rules of acro:

=B7 Use equipment designed for the task
=B7 Wear a parachute
=B7 Obey airspace restrictions (airways & controlled airspace)
=B7 Obey altitude minimums (both the FAA's and mine)

Last Saturday after the Skagit Airshow I gave a guy his first acro
ride. He is a pilot and wanted to try a couple maneuvers just to say he
did. He ham-handed the aileron roll and we landed with +5/-4 on the
g-meter. And we walked away because ALL of the above rules were
adheared to.

Check that attitude and get some proper training in a proper acro
aircraft if you want to continue to enjoy aerobatics. Being safe
doesn't mean being boring.

-j-