Old November 5th 04, 11:10 PM
Malcolm Austin

Well based here in the UK, it looks like your going to get the sort of deal
we are used to over here.

Your prices are normally the same in dollars as they are to us in GBP, which
means at least a 50% increase. I see this in my Amateur radio equipment
as well.

May be the end of cheapness is on its way to you, welcome to the club!!

Malcolm...

"Mike Stringfellow" wrote in message
om...
The US dollar is now valued close to 0.75 Euro, down from its peak of
1.25 a couple of years ago. Analysts say it may go even lower, with
some projecting exchange rates of 0.7 (1.4 dollar to the Euro).

This has pretty much put the kibosh on my goals of buying a new
European sailplane. A model at, say, Euro 85,000 cost around $70,000
a couple of years ago, is now around $110,000 and may soon be at
$120,000.

Economic models would suggest a strong incentive for sailplane
manufacture in North America, but I wonder if the numbers of potential
sales would justify this.

Any thoughts?