Old August 3rd 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R.[_2_]

Default High altitude Helicycle

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
A report in of a Helicycle climbing at 600fpm at a density altitude of
8,000. Of course the passenger capacity is limited to only 6 politicians
with the lies removed.

Stu,

I take it from your comment that you don't entirely believe this? ;-)

I have "no" idea what kind of performance the Helicycle has one way or the
other. I have heard that turbines in general do better at altitude, at
least on fixed wing aircraft. Would that apply to rotorcraft too? Do you
think the 2-stroke engines that Mr. Schramm originally tried to put in the
Helicycle would be flying at all at that kind of density altitude?

Just wondering! :-)
Steve R.