Old August 2nd 18, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default trying to understand Wings program

"I don't get it."
The problem may be your focus.

For me, Wings is an easy opportunity to learn more about flying. Some from the lecture, but also from hanging around a talking to pilots and controllers who are doing things I don't usually think about. It also provides a communications path to talk to others about how gliders operate. This makes things more fun and safe for all. (And they often have free food, what more could you ask for ;-)

Reading the doc or postponing a BFR seems the reverse of safe and fun.

Hmm, only 35 pages, must be the new kinder gentler agency.