Old December 29th 03, 05:36 PM
DannyVit

Default Are these Pilots Real?

Hi,

I just downloaded a peice of software called Softscanner, from
http://www.softscanner.net

It claims to be a Scanner only you dont need the hardware. It also has
ACARS/NAVEX decoder built in.

I have listened to many pilots and towers and police, fire and 911
channels live. My question is: is this real or phony, as I have no
radio hardware attached to my PC.

I am waiting for a breaking news story to come on tv, so I can tune
Softscanner to relevant police or fire channel and see whats going on.
That way I will be able to tell if it really is live transmissions I
am getting on my PC.

I am sorry if I sound a bit dense, but I am new to this kind of thing.

Regards,

Danny