Old December 30th 03, 08:47 PM
H.J.

Yes, it is real. The software converts your mouse cable into an antenna, and
the soundcard into superhet circuit.

To transmit, hold the mouse to your ear, press the button, and talk.

"DannyVit" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I just downloaded a peice of software called Softscanner, from
http://www.softscanner.net

It claims to be a Scanner only you dont need the hardware. It also has
ACARS/NAVEX decoder built in.

I have listened to many pilots and towers and police, fire and 911
channels live. My question is: is this real or phony, as I have no
radio hardware attached to my PC.

I am waiting for a breaking news story to come on tv, so I can tune
Softscanner to relevant police or fire channel and see whats going on.
That way I will be able to tell if it really is live transmissions I
am getting on my PC.

I am sorry if I sound a bit dense, but I am new to this kind of thing.

Regards,

Danny