Old November 14th 05, 04:24 PM
Jim

Default Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Evidently they are pushing the auto engines. The performance numbers are
there for all but the O200.

Yes the AR5 is a single seat and IIRC the designer/builder was tall but not
too big around.

If I was going to build a small go-fast it would probably be the VariEze.
As for the Q200: 180 mph cruise is nothing to sneeze at on 5 gph.

jim

'05 HR2
looking for an RV3 kit or a single seat O200 250 mph homebuilt (NO F1's)
:-)

jim

Nathan Young wrote:

Good point on the SP100. They list O-200, IO-240, O-235, Rotax and
Jabiru as engine options. These range from 80-125hp, so it is not
clear which engine is being used.

The AR5 was a single seat, right?

Another possibility would be the Q200. It is supposed to go 200mph
using an O-200, but I believe most are around 180mph.