Old September 6th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
TV

Default Iranian F-14 Units in Combat

True, and I don't think that anyone would doubt the effectiveness of an
AIM-54 equipped Tomcat-B vs. an F-15A/C (excluding AMRAAMs). Personally, I
think that the F-15 is the best proven fighter out there. The one with the
most potential that was never fully used would be the F-14 IMO (not
including the -22). Now if Tom's book is true, the Tomcat has a very
impressive kill ratio under far more difficult circumstances than either
USAF, IAF, or RSAF F-15s. Not too often did USAF/IAF -15s go into the air
without working radars!

TV

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Kill ratios are all about opportunity.

On Sep 5, 12:53 pm, Yeff wrote:
On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:43:33 -0400, TV wrote:
I think anyone who knows jets would argue that the F-14 outclasses
the F-15 except for WVR (F-14A) and cost/maintenance (significant
minus).

I think anyone who knows kill ratios would argue differently.

--

-Jeff B.
zoomie at fastmail fm