Old April 4th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Boeing 707 Air Force One Simulator Unveiled at Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

________________________________

The Boeing Company http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/index.html
Boeing 707 Air Force One Simulator Unveiled at Ronald Reagan
Presidential Library

ST. LOUIS, April 03, 2007 -- A Boeing-built [NYSE: BA] 707 simulator
today was unveiled at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi
Valley, Calif., where it will be on permanent display in the Air Force
One Pavilion.

A group of volunteers in Wichita, Kan., spent approximately three
years
restoring the simulator to resemble Air Force One. Boeing funded the
simulator's final journey from Kansas to California.

"We're pleased we could play a part in helping the simulator complete
its journey to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library," said Ray
Bachman, Boeing Wichita Special Air Mission Business Development
manager. "The volunteers did a fantastic job restoring the simulator,
and it's fitting that it now resides in the Air Force One Pavilion."

The simulator, Boeing's first cockpit simulator, will be the
centerpiece
of the library's new Air Force One Discovery Center, which is
scheduled
to open later this year.

"This will be a great addition to the Discovery Center," said Duke
Blackwood, executive director of the Reagan Library and Foundation.
"Without the work of the volunteers and the help of Boeing, we would
not
have been able to make the simulator a part of this incredible
interactive hands-on learning experience."

A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems
http://www.boeing.com/ids/index.html is one of the world's largest
space and defense businesses specializing in innovative and
capabilities-driven customer solutions. Headquartered in St. Louis,
Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a $32.4 billion business with
72,000 employees worldwide.
###