Old September 15th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The Audit, the board, the by-laws

Frank Reid wrote:
There is still some confusion on the subject of the
audit, or lack thereof, and the board. The answer
given by the Excom to the members in their first statement
was not correct. That is 'the board decided .....'.
Then the attempted clarification was also not clear.
So let me state it very clearly for all.

The SSA Board of Directors never, I repeat never, discussed
the issue of 'not doing an audit'. The SSA Board of
Directors never, I repeat never, decided (or voted
on the option) of 'not doing an audit'. I hope that
is clear for all.

So what happened? The Board simply did not think about
nor discuss an audit after 2003. Stupid? Yes! Deliberately
breaking the by-laws? No! Thus, the statement from
the excom concerning 'omission versus comission'.

Does the above excuse the Board's lack of oversight
in not assuring that the by-laws were being followed
i.e. that an audit was taking place every year. No.
But it was an oversight by the Board. Nothing more,
nothing less.

Those are the facts.

Frank Reid

What's an Excom?