Old January 25th 16, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Giacomo

Default Region 1 contest is BACK

For the first time since 2008, the Region 1 contest is being hosted in Springfield, Vt over the two-weekend period of 24-26 June and 1-4 July.

Why over two weekends you may ask? So more people who can't take vacation for the full week can participate!

What if you want to come out all week? Tows will be available all week, with OLC XC and competitive flying lessons and mentoring by RR and UH.

Our goal for this contest is to draw out as many new contestants as possible, so we will be having a sports class and 2-seater "BUS" class (L-23, PW-6, K-21 or similar).

We may also host several condor races in the months leading up to the contest to allow participants to get a better understanding of the landscape and task they may be able to expect.

Registration is now open at http://www.ssa.org/ContestCommittee?show=blog&id=3108
Contest Website it at http://www.flynesa.com/Region1/
Questions? E-mail