Old June 30th 04, 11:02 PM
Shawn Curry

tango4 wrote:

One of my first instructors would whistle and hum to himself if you were
doing well. When the whistling stopped, look out, the next thing was usually
him stretching forward to beat you around the ears with his hat.

In answer to his heavily German accented 'where are your wings?', usually
meant to inquire about the diversion of the string from the straight back
position, I once replied 'well there's one there and one there' nodding
first left then right. At that point I think he unscrewed the stick from the
rear seat of the bergfalke and hit me with that because it certainly wasn't
a cap that he hit me with! I reckon that smart alec comment delayed my solo
by months!

Fond memories!

Fond? How many people did this prick drive out of the sport? If he did
this to me he'd have a black eye before he got off the runway. If my
kid were flying with someone who behaved this way, I would end his
flying career in an instant.
Where's my Ativan, gotta calm down.

Shawn