Old July 7th 03, 10:49 PM
Andrew Chaplin

Kevin Brooks wrote:
snip
And before you accuse me of some ludicrous anti-Israel bias, I'd add
that we have had some pretty good success with some Israeli products,
Litening targeting pods being a good example (and note that in that
case the supply security issue has been ameliorated by having a US
partner firm produce them for the US customers; had Israel gone the
same route with Python, who knows? Producing components for a US
partner would have been much more profitable than being an "also ran"
when the com[petition was over). But like any source, you offer some
good and some not-so-good products (I can recall our getting a batch
of .45 cal ammo from IMI that we learned to try to avoid like the
plague; don't know why, but as surely as I'd load a magazine with
those rounds in my old M1911A1, it would jam repeatedly--pull those
rounds and replace them with (my own) Federal ammo, and it worked
smooth as a sewing machine).

Combination long case/weak load? We had similar problems with some
ammo lots (our own production) in the Browning HP Mk II* and could
only use it in SMGs.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO