Old May 14th 21, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

Been there, done that!
You need to tell the FLARM to ignore your own Mode S/ADSB transmissions.
Key items in the config file are, I believe:
# Mode S code
$PFLAC,S,ID,xxxxxx
# configure aircraft type
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1
# Mode C Filtering 0-Aggressive 1-Normal
$PFLAC,S,OWNMODEC,0

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 6:48:10 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I recently installed a Trig TT22 transponder in our LS6. Today I got to fly it for the first time and I was getting constant conflict alarms on my Oudie about traffic at (for e.g.) my "6 O'Clock and 35ft above me" The only way I could figure out how to silence these alarms was to set my transponder to "ON" (i.e. no altitude reporting). Naturally my PAPR report showed a failure on both pressure and GPS altitude.

I've been trying to figure out how to configure either the FLARM or the Oudie to ignore my own emissions but so far with no luck. Does anyone out there know how to fix this?

Rich L.