Old May 30th 21, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:12:03 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 7:50:42 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:23:32 AM UTC-5, Ramy wrote:
It was most certainly the aircraft ID.
But now you disabled mode c alerts all together. You may want to turn that back on.

Ramy

I re-enabled mode C yesterday and when flying again got the continuous conflict alerts. In flight I managed to turn the mode C off in the Flarm and the alerts went away. Is there something wrong with my configuration of the FLARM or transponder/ADSB that is causing this? My ADSB set up was just tested and passed, and I just generated a PAPR report for the flight yesterday and it was clean. I updated both my FLARM and Oudie firmware this year, so they should both be up to dare. My FLARM config file is:

$PFLAC,S,ADSBRANGE,65535
$PFLAC,S,ADSBVRANGE,65535

Why are you asking for it to look for every ADS-B target with 65 km horizontally and vertically (215,000')? You might be overwhelming it and this is a symptom.