Old July 16th 03, 12:53 PM
john smith

Dave Stadt wrote:

"john smith" wrote in message
Ben Jackson wrote:
Can anyone recommend insurance companies or brokers that will work
with low time pilots interested in insuring hi-perf/complex airplanes?
I've talked to AOPA and Avemco, and coverage is available, so now I'm
just comparison shopping.

Keep in mind that there are only a handful of brokers. So asking
different agents will only go so far. When a broker gets a request from
a quote from one agent, it goes in the computer. The later agents are
going to go to the same brokers, so you will get the same quotes.
That's how the system has been explained to me.

Actually there are hundreds of brokers but only several underwriters. Big
difference.

Thank you, that's the correct term. Substitute underwriter where I wrote
broker..