Old August 24th 03, 06:34 PM
Inthegreen

(BEEPER708) wrote in message ...
I'm actually 6'2", but have a leg injury preventing me from bending my right
leg.

I was told this isn't something that would prevent me from obtaining a medical
as long as I can demonstrate ability.

I currently hold a private SEL, but am thinking about a rotor add-on.

Any suggestions??

I don't think this will keep you from obtaining a medical as long as
you can demonstrate ability with your leg. A light helicopter, such
as an H300 or R22 has very light pedal forces. I don't think you
would have a problem with them. If you want to go further, one word
of caution. Light turbines such as the AS350 have quite high pedal
forces in the event of hydraulic failure. I would estimate you'd need
to press 50-75 lbs during this procedure.