Old July 31st 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Default Wi-Fi at OSH

Mike Adams wrote:

So, I'm curious how this new service worked out. Was it free? How was
the access from the North 40? I wasn't there this year, but can see
that this would be very handy for email and weather briefings. Then I
suppose the next challenge will be keeping the laptop batteries
charged.

When you first attempted to pull a webpage, a page popped up that had
you agree to the EAA rules of useage, after that you were never asked
again, so it was probably tracking your MAC address...

Sometimes it worked well, other times it didn't (like trying to pull
some Nexrad when the storms came up on Wednesday). Also I couldn't get
service from the EAA from Jay's camping spot (right at the red light), I
did pull data from the hotel nearby though. Just not enough signal
coming all the way from the Red Barn...

I bought an extra 2100ma battery from a vendor there for my Axim for
$20, I have 12vdc and 120vac chargers, so keeping it peaked wasn't a
problem driving to/from and staying at the B&B in Waupaca...