Old November 24th 17, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default motorglider engine test

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 1:44:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I need to do a short test run on my ventus 2cxm engine. The fuselage is on its cobra dolley in my garage, and I can wheel it into my driveway and tie the tail to a post. I'm nervous about this, in case there is some pitfall I haven't considered. Has anyone done an engine test run like this?

I have done winterising warm up runs many times like this, with a 2x4 through the
spar box on saw horses; then I spray preservation oil into the Rotax carbs;
as it is an M you have throttle control; stay away from full power.

John F