Old January 20th 18, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default What a race in Chile today!!!

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 1:35:09 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Kawa in 1st. Two JS-1s, then a V2, then a V3. All within 5 seconds, identical avg speed for all four!!!

Those interested in this style of competition should sign up for the Region 11 FAI. It will be run as a normal FAI handicap, but in the middle of it we are having a separate trial event that is GP style: simultaneous start, handicapped turnpoints, first one back wins. The goal is to gage the feasibility and interest in running a full contest this way in the future. We already have a local series that uses this format, it has been successful and people seem to like it.