Old July 13th 04, 05:14 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:15:57 -0700, jerry Wass wrote:

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

I've been told I have the "last model" type of Goodyears...only three
clips, and they aren't the little metal nubs most people seem to have.
Mine are spring steel, about 2-3" long, rivet to the outside of the drum,
and have an angle at the end to fit into the brake disk and lock it in
place.

OH! for a shop dwg. of one of those new clips!!! or mebby a couple of pics??

Certainly:

http://www.wanttaja.com/goody1.JPG
http://www.wanttaja.com/goody2.JPG

The first picture is taken from the side, the second one is taken from
above. The spring is bent in a sort of "J" at the end, and the short leg
goes into a square slot in the brake disk that is very similar in
appearance to the normal gear slots.

Note that I've got a screwdriver blade slipped under the spring to flex it
slightly. The springs are pretty stiff. There are three of them on each
wheel, and all three must be held open to get the wheel on or off. I've a
set of tiny oak wedges to do the honors.

I've got ~250 hours on the airplane, and no problems with the springs.

Ron Wanttaja