Old June 11th 05, 01:23 PM

As an active duty navy parachute rigger I would not trust a canopy that
old. something to think about is that the navy will not use a canopy
that is more than 14 years old. Ya'll are talking about one that is
almost 50 years old. It may have been one of the best canopies of the
day, but this canopies day has come and gone. Also a fast opening is
not always a good thing. If the chute opens too fast you can very
easily dislocate your hips, and trust me after the landing you would
not consider that fast opening a safety feature.